"A badass is the person who knows what he wants out of life and goes for it."
The 7 Universal Laws of Self-Help
Summary of Lessons
- Happiness is external (it comes from other people).
- So focus on others. You can't change people, but you can make them happy.
- But follow your own desires (follow your dreams) as it benefits everyone else.
- Even our health and success comes from our relationships (never forget, we're not designed to go it alone, you'll just spin your wheels).
- So remove toxic people from your life and work on building great relationships.
- Groups/communities are the best ways to find friends and lovers.
- You don't care about the meaning of life. You just want to feel alive.
- Focus on action and learning, not thinking or reading.
- Do the normal, standard thing.
The Two Most Important Lessons
- Always trust your intuition.
- Use organic decision making (by telling people what is on your mind and not keeping secrets).
How to Make Your Life Awesome
- Step 1 - Realize there is nothing broken or wrong with you, nothing to be fixed.
- Step 2 - Write down a vision for your life that makes you excited to be alive.
- Step 3 - Talk to someone about your vision (and keep telling people).
- Step 4 - Write down the groups/cultures from your past that accepted you.
- Step 5 - Join the groups that will enable your vision/make a big change.
- Step 6 - Focus on working on your vision a little each day.
- Step 7 - Help other people make their dreams come true.
And never forget, life is an adventure or nothing at all. So get out there and play.
"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world."
—Miyamoto Musashi, History's Greatest Swordsman
Epilogue: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
"Life is whatever you want it to be."